Friday, May 7, 2010

Still tiny....

As the weeks and months went by, we cheered any weight gain in our little boy. Getting to 12 pounds made me want to throw a party! However, at each weight check, the pediatrician scratched her head and looked a little more concerned as time passed. Why was he having such a hard time with weight gain? We increased the scoops in each bottle. We saw Dr K who gave us a can of DuoCal to add fat and calories. Increase? Yes. Enough? No.

I need answers! Why is he throwing up? Why is he refusing the spoon? Why won't he grow when he is able to do such awesome physical things - like walking - he's starting to cruise! Let me back up... the vomiting. I don't think I made that clear enough. I never dreamed that I would ever become used to being puked on. All over my clothes, his clothes, our furniture, our floors... this baby had become a champ at gagging and throwing up. For weeks - months, really - he had been throwing up once or twice a day. WHY???

No comments: