Friday, May 7, 2010

Really? Honestly? What else?

We came home with tiny Christopher in June, 3 weeks after his birth. He was SUCH a great baby. However, just a few days after his discharge from the NICU I noticed a problem. He had a very large lump in his groin area. I immediately knew it was a hernia. After showing Paul, we both decided to take him to the Children's Hospital ER. I cannot tell you how frightening it is to take a premature baby into a nasty, germy ER. I cried like a baby at the thought of sitting in there with him. The ER staff pitied me and tiny Christopher and called us back ASAP. After some questions and a visit with a doc, we were told he did indeed have a hernia and they set up an appointment with a urologist. We met with doctor H at Children's on Acton. And decided to schedule surgery - sooner rather than later - at the risk of something serious happening and me going crazy worrying about him.

No comments: