Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ash Wednesday and Beyond


Yesterday was Ash Wednesday. It was a miserable, dark and gloomy day. The cold came back and I am very unhappy. High of 40' is not good for me. I spent the day home with Christopher and only left the house two times - to pick up Paul Vincent and to go to mass.

I think that I will reconsider ever going back to the bilingual mass. I LOVE my Spanish-speaking amigos, but you guys don't do enough discipline. And it stinks for the rest of us. Last night I giggled as I saw a helium (mylar) balloon float down the aisle with a little person. YES! Someone thought to themselves... "Sure, my lovely child - bring your balloon to mass!" HAHAHA! Jesus loves them, but my ADHD tendencies are not good with these types of distractions. And I could tell that type-A personality, Fr. B, was not loving it.

On a side note - The noon mass let out at the same time as we were picking up our kids from school. To the lady with the car full of children that needed out of the parking place NOW, as we were picking up our children from preK...you needed to remember the point of the mass and chill out and make a little sacrifice to be a little less annoyed.

Today was day2 of being Facebook Free. My home is slightly cleaner (thanks to Bonnie) and my children have had more of my attention. Except for right now. So, I will go. Dinner is on its way. PF Changs! Yummo. Tomorrow night is date night :)

No comments: