Thursday, March 1, 2012
March?!
So, it's March. I can't believe it. The past few weeks have been so interesting. I feel as if I am in some type of out-of-body experience. I have been feeling better... I can tell that I have more energy and I am able to let things go a little easier than in the past. I am fighting anxiety as much as possible and trying to say YES more than no. Lent is proving to be a time of growth. I started listening to more EWTN during the mornings and taking the time to read my Magnificat. With the iPhone app, it's kinda lazy not to! I am so in love with my life at the moment. I get tired, but it's good. I walked with mom today for nearly 2 hours. I should be tired! Ha! Last weekend, Paula nd I went on a trip with the kids to Ft Lauderdale. We have been before, but this trip was different. We had fun. We dressed up. We looked nice. We spent time together. I spent time simply enjoying the moment - whatever it was. I live in a bit of a fantasy land (that I have had a hard time enjoying), and for the first time I had a really good time. It's terrible how health issues can cloud your mind. I have spent too much time in a fog. Clarity is much more fun.
So, back to our trip.
We flew down on Thursday afternoon. The boys did great. Christopher exclaimed, "We're flying!" as we took off from Birmingham. We arrived to find two very happy grandparents. The boys were equally excited. Friday evening, Paul and I dressed up super cute and drove to Boca Raton - yes, Boca! Ha! We arrived to a party that took place at the airport. In the actual airplane hangers! What?!? There were what seamed like thousands of people - all types. Even plastic! Ha! I felt like a little girl from Alabama. I was definitely out of my element, but it was still fun.
Saturday evening was another eye-opening experience. It was 'black tie optional' and I really had not prepared to go... But I made do with a super cute top and black pants. I wasn't really dressy enough, but I looked better than most of the super glitzy fake body old ladies! ;) First there was a silent auction where all types of things were offered - artwork, vacations, clothing, books, etc. Paul and I tried a few offers, but by the time it was over, the room was too packed to check on our bids! We then went into the dining room where what looked like 100 tables for ten people each were set. We found our table (8) was in a perfect spot, the back left corner of the room. Ah, my comfort zone! An artist did these really incredible speed paintings that were also auctioned off - proceeds going to the local Boy and Girl's Club. While we ate, he painted three different giant pieces...a portrait of Sean Connery (from 007), a martini glass and a Shelby Cobra. Other items were also bid on during the live auction, but most all other things were WAY out of our realm of possibilities. The good news is, that Paul made some new friends in the car world. Connections are valuable in any line of business - especially his.
Sunday morning, bright and early, we were on our way to the Concourse de Elegance. Paul's car was being delivered and we were meeting the truck driver there at 8am. Beautiful cars were everywhere. It was a blast. After a while, the boys arrived with their Grandparents. Paul did a fantastic car and all of the car people were thrilled to see such a rare item.
When I woke Monday, I knew that I would miss watching the boats go by on the canal. I sat and enjoyed my coffee and tried to gather sun rays before traveling back to land-locked Birmingham.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment