So, I watched a documentary the other day. I guess this whole getting older thing is really getting to me, so I feel a bit inspired to be healthier. Netflix suggested I watch Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. This totally average looking guy from Australia went on a trip across the US, juicing. He wanted to get healthy and not rely on all the meds he was taking, so he went on a fast - a fruit and veggie juice fast. This guy went from flab to fantastic in maybe two months. Man! His skin looked fabulous in a matter of days after starting the fast.
I have no desire to weigh less at this time, but with many health issues, I feel that increasing my micronutrient level could help make my endocrine system function better.
Plus, WE OWN THE JUICER! Ha!
I went to Sam's for a grocery run yesterday and stocked the garage fridge with fruits and veggies. When I get the hang of it, I will get to Wholefoods for the organic versions. I made a carrot/cucumber juice yesterday and I am thinking about trying the juice all day, eat a regular dinner with the family. My only 'cheat' will be my morning coffee and my hot tea during the day - I am sure the antioxidants found in the tea count for something, right?
Another idea I gleamed from the documentary was reducing my consumption of animal products to twice a week. I am going to try a bit of this - without cutting out milk products. I think I need some dairy.
We will see how long this lasts. I figure Lent is an excellent time to start!
No comments:
Post a Comment