Saturday, May 14, 2011

Five

I thought 5 was going to be a great age. Maybe I have not given it enough time. Some days my 5 yr old is an angel - sweet, caring, cuddly, fun and easy. But most days he is hard. He is what most people would call "strong-willed". He wants to be the boss. He wants to make the decisions. He cannot help but moan and grown at simple requests. Bath? "I don't WANT to take a bath!" Brush teeth/hair? "I did that yesterday!" Help clean up these toys? "I like it messy." UG!!!

So I am going with a new approach. It's going to be a mix between 1-2-3 Magic and another book that has been suggested, You Can't Make Me (but I can be persuaded). I think with these two tools, I can keep from feeling like running away. Because... you know summer vacation is coming up and we will be spending a LOT more time together. Also, Christopher is a sponge and big brother's bad behavior is definitely rubbing off.

If you have any other tools or tricks, let me know. I am going to make a chore chart and reward system, so I will post an update after I finish my handiwork. :)

1 comment:

Connie said...

I've got nothing....except the same behavior going on here.

Let me know if you find something that works!