I love this time of the year. I really love being able to share this time of the year with my children. It's such a blessing. The anticipation is the best. Christopher asks (almost daily) if Santa is coming tomorrow. I run down the list of the things that we to do before Santa comes....tree, lights, etc... He's so precious.
I need to start brainstorming ways that I can focus on Advent and Jesus' Birth. I cannot stand the thought of my kiddos forgetting the true reason for the season. It's almost time for Barry and Omar (the elves) to show up. I think that they will help with this, this year.
In other news, my 'due date' passed fairly quietly and unnoticed. I think about my 'Natalia' every time I see a new baby... She would be about 2 months old now. I am not really sad, just thinking. I hug my boys tighter and kiss their sweet heads - remembering the feeling of kissing their newborn foreheads - squishy and soft. Paul Vincent proclaimed that we will have a new baby soon. The thought terrifies me, honestly. Fear of the 'what if's' make me want to say I am done.
I think that Rose is holding a place in my heart. She warms my soul, knowing that although we had a loss with a baby that we will only know in heaven, yet we have a little girl that we have yet to hold. I know God's timing is best and that He will place her in our arms at the right time. However, the waiting is difficult. We have completed the paperwork portion of our adoption - praying that we won't have to update it before we travel. Hoping for March - my birthday and hers...
Here are a few photos of the past few weeks.
 |
| Thomas (2nd year in a row) and Darth |
 |
| The Guys |
 |
| Trip to Auburn |
 |
| War Eagle! |
 |
| Girl's Trip Up LeConte |
3 comments:
Hi Katie! Your friend Kristi here from PCB. I tried to email you but won't go through. ..says invalid address. Rose is so precious! Happy New year to you! We have news on our adoption as well. Hope you all well! my email kristiwh@bellsouth.net
b
Katie, you have been in my thoughts and prayers. looking forward to hearing about your year and your adoption. YOur boys are so precious.....they will be wonderful big brothers.
Post a Comment