Saturday, May 19, 2012
Miracles Happen
Mother's Day started off just about like many of my past (since having children). I woke, made my coffee, did the dishes and got myself out the door - with Christopher, of course - to go and visit my momma and wish her a happy Mother's Day. We had a great walk/run together and thanked God for the two children that made me a mommy.
After some time, Christopher and I made our way home, after a stop by the grocery for some breakfast. We arrived home to daddy and Paul Vincent up and getting things ready for lunch at Paul's parents house. My kitchen table had one beautiful, pink rose with a sprig of baby's breath and two cards... One from my boys and one from Paul. I sat down to indulge in my grits, eggs, bacon and biscuit and open the cards. I opened the boy's card, then Paul's. When I opened Paul's card, there was a small piece of paper, folded and taped closed. And I knew....
I slowly opened the card and started reading. Paul had written a letter. A letter to the Colombian government. A letter that stated our official request to adopt Rose! What?!?! I was shocked, but oh so happy. My prayers had been answered. Paul's heart had been changed by God! He sat down with me and told me the story of God's work in his life since the day he had first 'met' Rose.
One day in April, a friend of mine mentioned the newly listed children on the Reece's Rainbow site. I couldn't help but go and look at all those sweet babies. As I scrolled down the page, I came across HER face. The face of my daughter! I kept myself calm.
Later that evening, I went out on a date with my husband (Nabeel's to my local readers). I gathered up my confidence and opened up the web site to show Paul... Whaling for the reaction that I have grown used to. Instead, I was shocked to see a small smile and a twinkle in his eye. I witnessed a light that had I had not seen in my husband.
After dinner, we went to see October Baby at the theater - a movie about adoption! It was a sweet movie and the perfect way of gently opening the door. *By the way, that night Paul wrote the check to pay our baby-sitter. We agreed to also include money as her upcoming wedding gift. Paul wrote a VERY generous check! I think he was a little under the influence of God's bolt of lightning! Ha!
In the next few weeks, we would reference Rose often and I am sure I brought her up at least once a day. I had an overwhelming sence of peace come over me after a week or so and I know that God had calmed my heart, so that He could work violently on Paul's. And I had NO IDEA!
So that leads us back to Mother's Day...
Paul's uncle mentioned something about needing more girls in our family and Paul took the bait! He quietly, but confidently, said something like, "I think we can do something about that." and someone looked over at me and said, "Is Paul making some sort of announcement?" Ha! He proceeded to introduce our daughter to his family. What a MAN! I was (still) in shock! I told everyone how beautiful my morning had been and all that Paul had done to make my Mother's Day the best one EVER!
Monday was a mad dash of the beginning of a mountain of paperwork. We filled out form after form to apply for home study services and applications for different agencies... And then the wait began. We had to wait for the "ok" from Colombia... We needed to know that they would hold her for us, so that we could get our home study ready. So, after a week of waiting, I couldn't wait any longer! I sent an email to her listing agency asking if they had heard from Colombia. And just a few minutes later, I received confirmation that they had Rose on hold for our family!!! And, just to make it a little more interesting it was EXACTLY a month since I requested your prayers for us (April 18th). I was also wearing my Reece's Rainbow 'Why should you adopt?' t-shirt! Ha!
What a wonderful life! I have a daughter! My son's have a sister! God is good. Let's get this DONE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment