Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Great Day

This morning I dropped Paul Vincent off at school and Christopher and I decided to get out and have some fun. We made our way to the zoo with the rest of the world. Membership has our perks and we were able to bypass all of the elementary bus traffic. First stop was the barn, where Christopher can be frightened by the roosters that 'cockadoodledooooo' back and forth to each other. He did enjoy the sheep and goats, which is funny, because Paul Vincent used to be terrified by them! Then it was off to see the BRAND NEW elephant in his BRAND NEW habitat. It was pretty awesome. Giraffes, zebras, big cats, primates - oh my! We worked up quite an appetite with all that looking and walking. We I decided that we would stop at Chappy's (kids are free!). I had a yummy wrap and Christopher had mac 'n cheese. It was a great morning.

After picking up Paul Vincent, I felt like getting a little dirt under my nails. We ran to HomeDepot and grabbed some soil, sand and a few plants. A few hours later and the backyard garden is shaping up. We have bell peppers, mint, cucumbers, watermelon, tomatoes, basil and eggplant. Can wait until we see something happening! The kids had fun in their sandbox, too. We have a new fence and I am SO EXCITED to have a little outside safe space where they can run and I don't have to be all bossy mommy with them.

No comments: