Friday, February 4, 2011

Here goes nothing

Infertility is a tricky little thing. We have two beautiful boys - that we never dreamed we would have. God surely blessed us with such wonderful gifts. Our road to parenthood has been somewhat bumpy. Doctors scratch their heads when reading our history - filled with misdiagnosis, medications, surgeries, procedures and the ups and downs of ovulation and testing.

I have been having some very interesting cycles the past few months. I bled for nearly a full month. I got a nice, strong dose of progesterone and then had a giant mess of an AF. Just 24 days later, another pediod after days of cramping and spotting. So... Dr. S has started me on the first round (out of 3) of clomid. Hopefully this will lead to a strong ovulation and very little spotting and a regular cycle length. I seriously have no feelings about getting pregnant. I have these two beautiful boys and God can do what he wants with me. If I don't conceive, I will not be upset. I believe that we will have more babies, but I am not sure if they will be biological - and I could care less. Pregnancy and I do NOT get along well.

I would really just like to be "normal" again in the sense of having regular cycles. I will post my chart this month, so that all of you can watch and see what my body does. I have not taken my morning temp in YEARS so this should be fun.

3 comments:

Faithhebrews11 said...

Oh honey believe me when I say I know what you are going through! Years and years and years of infertility treatments. We weren't ever able to conceive and carry so God called us to adopt and we are 7 days away from traveling to see our girls for the first time and 12 days from holding our girls for the first time. God is amazing and you sound like such a strong person! God bless you and I can't wait to follow your journey!

Katie said...

Thanks so much Jennifer. Those baby girls are gorgeous and I am going to be stalking your blog for updates! Have a wonderful trip and enjoy your girls!!

Connie said...

Good Luck!