Well. Another doctor appointment, another guessing game. Dr. W is still scratching her head about Christopher's growth - or lack thereof. At his appointment... 16.6 pounds, 28 1/2 inches and 17 1/2 head.
Thank you, God - he's otherwise healthy.
I know he is doing fine - walking, talking, whining and pitching fits just like the rest of the 16 month children in his playgroup. But, the girls want to pet him like a little puppy. They treat him like a baby. He IS my baby, but his classmates shouldn't feel the same way.
We are having some tests done. One test, a sweat test, is for ruling out Cystic Fibrosis. I know good and well that Christopher DOES NOT have CF. He has never had any type of respiratory issues in his life. But, he does have the "failure to thrive" and gastro issues that some children with CF have. So, to rule it out, we will be going to Children's at the end of the week.
The other test - a thyroid test, I believe - is for Growth Hormone Deficiency. I think this is far more likely to be the cause behind his short stature. Hopefully we will get those results by Friday.
I know he is perfect and that the answers that we seek are just to make him more comfortable in this world. He's fine and I love him. Just the way he is.
No comments:
Post a Comment